Intermediate Front-End Developer
Sound good so far? Then let’s get into the details.
A Day in The Life:
- Build premium WordPress websites, with a focus on building custom Gutenburg themes with React blocks
- You will build websites that are bleeding edge and lightning-quick; site performance and SEO are top priorities for us and our clients
- You will manage and maintain websites, continually updating them to keep the design, content and performance relevant in industries that see revolutionary changes on a near-daily basis
- You will build front-end for web applications on various JS frameworks including React, Vue, Angular & Ember in order to deliver amazing SAAS user experiences
- You will work with the team to build-out DevOps automation for test and deployment pipelines
- You will participate in collaborative code-reviews and extensive QA processes for each and every deliverable
- Working with our diverse team of developers and designers, you will help to build our next-generation modular design system built on WordPress Gutenberg with React & CSS Grid in order to deliver stunning user experiences and powerful WYSIWYG content management
- You will help our clients deliver the best possible user experience and sometimes that means helping them design and code elements of UI/UX for their SAAS products
What We're Looking For:
- You have five or more years experience as a front-end developer
- You have three or more years of experience developing custom themes for WordPress, specific experience developing themes and custom blocks for Gutenburg would be an asset.
- You have a strong practical knowledge of current SASS and CSS standards and techniques
- You have experience building responsive web experiences
- You have a strong knowledge of the full front-end landscape, including HTML5, SASS, AJAX, task-runners, bundlers, NPM etc. You might not know everything but you’d know where to start if you need to use it.
- You understand how to efficiently deliver solutions that deliver premium user experiences, optimizing the performance and understand how various plugins, frameworks and techniques can affect performance
- You are comfortable using a GIT-centric workflow
- You have experience integrating websites with various third-party API’s for data collection and display (CRM's, RMS's, etc.)
- You are disciplined at your craft, accountable, and a team player
Bonus Points Awarded For:
- Experience developing in an agency environment would be beneficial
- Experience building Gutenberg Themes and content blocks would be a big plus
- Experience with CSS grid and CSS animation techniques would be valuable
- Experience with DevOps, automating testing and deployment would be huge
- Experience setting up Development Environments in Docker would be helpful
Company Perks and Workplace Vibe:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits plan
- Flexible work environment, you get the flexibility to work from home and in our Port Moody Office (we’re close to the Inlet skytrain)
- Monthly team lunches
- We’ll celebrate your birthday in a festive way
- Access to our healthy and delicious snacks, drinks, coffee & teas
- Casual work environment - you won't see suits and ties here (unless we are feeling fancy)
- The opportunity to grow and help build our agency with our founders
- Our workplace vibe is friendly, chill, open, collaborative and understanding
- Our team consists of a good mix of local and remote employees in a variety of roles
- We honour diversity and we celebrate and respect employees from different backgrounds
About Redstamp Agency:
We’re a hybrid agency that specializes in high-conversion design and marketing projects for fast-growing technology companies while also building our own in-house digital products. We’re a mix of entrepreneurs, tech geeks, innovators, and creatives—most of us are a little bit of each—and we’re passionate about making this company the absolute best there is.
Our team is a unique blend of creativity and industry knowledge. We hire people based on merit, past experience, and potential. We evaluate our team members on experience and what they bring to the table. We’re growing fast, and with that, we’re building out our team.
Our headquarters are located in Port Moody, BC.
Note: No recruiters or agencies please.