Intermediate Front-End Developer
Join our team as a Full-Time Intermediate Front-End Developer and help leading innovators tell their stories. As an Intermediate Front-End Developer at Redstamp you will be working with a cross-functional team that includes designers, QA specialists, developers, and project managers. Your department will develop a variety of web/application frameworks, CMSs, e-commerce and marketing platforms. You will work alongside a senior developer to hone your craft and help you progress toward your career objectives. If that sounds like a challenge you’re up for, we want to hear your story.
And not the one from your resume. Resumes tell us what you’ve done, but they don’t tell us why. Why do you love what you do? Why might Redstamp provide you with what’s been missing from your past jobs? Forget the cover letter and send us a response to our questions.
Redstamp is a growth agency composed of entrepreneurs, tech geeks, innovators and creatives - most of us are a little bit of each - specializing in brand, go-to-market strategy, product design and customer acquisition for high-growth technology companies. Read more about us below.
A typical day in the life of an Intermediate Front-End Developer:
- Work on front-end web development projects.
- Build premium, cutting-edge, lightning-quick WordPress websites, with a focus on building custom Gutenburg themes.
- Act as the lead technical resource on small to medium-sized projects, working with guidance on the planning and estimation of development tasks, organizing activities of other developers, and ensuring the quality of the delivered product.
- Manage and maintain websites to keep the design, content, and performance relevant in industries that see revolutionary changes on a near-daily basis.
Who are we looking for?
- You’re constantly looking to broaden your knowledge in all areas of web development, and you are excited to share what you learn with others.
- You understand how to efficiently deliver high-performance solutions that ensure premium user experiences, optimized for SEO.
- You have 3+ years of experience developing custom themes for WordPress.
- You have 3+ years of experience working on website development projects.
- You know all about the full front-end landscape including, HTML5, SASS, AJAX, task-runners, bundlers, NPM, etc. You might not know everything but you’d know where to start if you need to use it.
- You’re comfortable working in a GIT-centric workflow.
- You possess a strong practical knowledge of current SASS and CSS standards and have a track record of building responsive web experiences.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to build trust in a team and be dependable
- Strong collaborator with internal projects teams (design, development, project management and operations)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with CSS grid and CSS animation techniques
- Ability to develop multi-language/multi-region websites
- Experience with other CMS platforms such as Drupal, Contentful, etc.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing and deployment
- Previous experience setting up Development Environments in Docker
- JS framework experience such as React, Vue, Angular and/or Ember
- Experience integrating websites with various third-party APIs
Working for Redstamp, you’ll find value in:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive medical and dental benefits plan
- Receive coaching and support from a manager that is invested in your future
- Opportunities to work on global tech brands and products
- Financial support for advanced training, personal development, and career development
- A flexible working environment (we did remote before it was cool)
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
We know that there are great candidates out there that don’t meet every single requirement we’ve listed above, and research shows that marginalized groups tend to apply for jobs only when they meet the criteria exactly. If this role sounds like it was made for you, please apply. Redstamp welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed across Canada and around the world. This role offers a flexible work environment; you can work from our Port Moody Office (we’re close to the Inlet Skytrain), work fully remote, or a combination of both. This opportunity is only open to candidates within Canada at this time.
If all of this resonates with you, please apply. We can’t wait to meet you!