Lead Full-Stack Developer
Redstamp is seeking a Lead Full-Stack Developer to drive the next phase of development for our new innovative business productivity SaaS tool. We’re a mix of entrepreneurs, tech geeks, innovators, and creatives—most of us are a little bit of each—and we’re passionate about making an impact in the world through our craft.
As a Lead Full-Stack Developer at Redstamp you will be hands-on with code while leading development within a growing cross-functional team that includes developers, designers, QA specialists, and project managers. You will work closely with the product owner on technical strategy for the product, and establish standards for SaaS application development.
A typical day in the life of a Lead Full-Stack Developer at Redstamp:
- Lead development on SaaS Product development projects.
- Directly involved with coding and development of software. (Ruby on Rails, React)
- Design and implementation of application architecture with a focus on security, performance and scalability.
- Working with QA specialists to implement effective test automation and QA methodologies.
- Collaboration with product management, designers and front-end developers to deliver premium user experiences.
- Build DevOps automation for test and deployment pipelines.
- Work with Product and Project Managers to define development sprints.
- Mentor and lead developers on your team and also leading on peer code-reviews, merge requests and extensive QA processes for every deliverable.
- Manage the monitoring, maintenance and technical support of the live application.
Who are we looking for?
- You are excited to take the lead on the development of an innovative new product.
- You know what it takes to deliver a reliable, secure and scalable web application.
- You have proven experience delivering full-stack solutions with Ruby on Rails and React.
- You have a passion for developing premium user experiences.
- You are constantly looking to broaden your knowledge in all areas of development, and you are excited to share what you learn with others.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to lead, mentor and grow a development team.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- You have 3+ years of experience with React or equivalent JS frameworks.
- You have proven experience integrating with multiple business productivity and messaging API’s such as Google API, Office 365, Slack, etc.
- You have production experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases.
- You understand the security needs for a production web application and have experience implementing secure production environments.
- You’re comfortable leading a team in a GIT-centric workflow, managing merge requests and leading code reviews.
- You possess a strong practical knowledge of current full-stack standards and best practices and have a track record of building responsive web applications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to build trust in a team and be dependable
- Strong collaborator in an Agile product development team
What’s In It For You:
- Opportunity to lead development on a new product
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits plan
- Competitive salary
- Financial support for advanced training, personal development, and career development
- A flexible working environment that promotes remote work
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
Redstamp welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed across Canada and around the world. This role offers a flexible work environment; you can work from our Port Moody Office (we’re close to the Inlet Skytrain), work fully remote, or a combination of both. This opportunity is only open to candidates within Canada at this time.
If all of this resonates with you, please apply. We can’t wait to meet you!
Note: Candidates need to be eligible to work in Canada, but remote is fine. No recruiters or agencies please.