Join our team as a Full-Time Senior Designer and help leading innovators tell their stories. If strategy excites you, creativity drives you, and bad kerning bums you out, we want to hear your story.
And not the one from your resume. Resumes tell us what you’ve done, but they don’t tell us why. Why do you love what you do? Why might Redstamp provide you with what’s been missing from your past jobs? Forget the cover letter and send us a response to our questions.
Redstamp is a growth agency composed of entrepreneurs, tech geeks, innovators and creatives - most of us are a little bit of each - specializing in brand, go-to-market strategy, product design and customer acquisition for high-growth technology companies. Read more about us below.
A typical day in the life of a Senior Designer:
- Work side by side with our team of talented creatives, copywriters, marketers, and developers on a range of projects including discovery, branding, campaigns, websites, and products to deliver elegant solutions to challenging design requests.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the Creative Director and Design Leads to help shape strategic direction, drive concepts, and uncover the heart of our client’s brands.
- Work with a cross-functional team, including project managers, to scope out timelines and requirements of design projects.
- Play a lead role in running client workshops, reviews, and pitches.
Who are we looking for?
- A battle-tested agency veteran with a passion for combining artful design and strategic thinking.
- A visual systems thinker with a proven track record of creating compelling visuals, informed by an understanding of personas and market desires.
- A multichannel designer with end-to-end branding experience, including workshops, campaign concepts, logo design, environmental, and website design.
- A self-driven designer who thrives in an environment of ambiguity and creative freedom.
- A curious and entrepreneurial spirit with a love of startups and products, and the culture associated with them.
- 6+ years of design experience (preferably 3+ years in an agency). You’ll need a strong portfolio showcasing your brand strategy skills, visual design skills, and overall mastery of your craft.
- You are adept at employing the nuances of colour, layout, grids, and typography in service of a brand. You are comfortable with a variety of design tools for both print and digital mediums, including Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- You can easily identify problems and implement creative solutions to get things done with efficiency, discipline, and energy.
- You know how to interpret data to create designs that connect with target markets.
- You are a skilled writer who understands how to translate their design rationales, creative process, and proposals into the written word.
- You understand the basics of how to apply mood and voice to a brand and have worked with copywriters or marketing strategists to help hone brand messages.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves:
- You have a high familiarity with marketing
- You have video editing or animation experience
Working for Redstamp, you’ll find value in:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive medical and dental benefits plan
- Receive coaching and support from a manager that is invested in your future
- Opportunities to work on global tech brands and products
- Financial support for advanced training, personal development, and career development
- A flexible working environment (we did remote before it was cool)
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
We know that there are great candidates out there that don’t meet every single requirement we’ve listed above, and research shows that marginalized groups tend to apply for jobs only when they meet the criteria exactly. If this role sounds like it was made for you, please apply. Redstamp welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed across Canada and around the world. This role offers a flexible work environment; you can work from our Port Moody Office (we’re close to the Inlet Skytrain), work fully remote, or a combination of both. This opportunity is only open to candidates within Canada at this time.
If all of this resonates with you, please apply. We can’t wait to meet you!