Senior DevOps Developer (Contract)
We seek a part-time Senior DevOps Developer to work with our team as an on-call contractor to support and evolve DevOps automation and the delivery of world-class and websites and applications. We are a hybrid agency specializing in brand strategy, high-conversion design, marketing, and development for fast-growing technology companies. We’re a mix of entrepreneurs, tech geeks, innovators, and creatives—most of us are a little bit of each—and we’re passionate about making an impact through our craft.
As a Senior DevOps Developer at Redstamp, you will be working with our development and QA teams to configure development, test, and production environments and set up new projects for automated test and deployment pipelines. You will be a senior technical resource for DevOps, working with the CTO and Lead Developers to continually improve Redstamp’s DevOps capabilities.
You will work with various tools, platforms, and hosts based on Redstamp standards, others unique to a clients’ needs/requirements. Expert level experience with Git, Docker, and automated test/deployment pipelines is a must.
A typical day in the life of a Senior DevOps Developer at Redstamp:
- Setting up Git Repo’s, Servers, and Deployment Pipelines for new projects.
- Onboarding existing projects to work with our tools and processes.
- Configuring code review and merge request automation with Slack integration.
- Configuring and maintaining Docker instances for the local development environment.
- Configure and maintain development, test, and production environments on a variety of hosts.
- Configuring and maintaining DNS and SSL for websites and applications.
- Supporting dev team with go-live/deployment of production websites and applications.
- Work with Project Managers and Design Leads to define project scope and estimate DevOps efforts for projects.
- Providing second-level support for critical Production environment issues involving and debugging for development, test, and production environments. (need to be able to respond same business day).
Who are we looking for?
- You have a passion for DevOps, with expert skills in Git, Docker, and deployment pipelines.
- You have experience deploying CMS websites, such as WordPress, Drupal & Craft, to various managed hosts and unmanaged cloud services.
- You have experience setting up and automating test frameworks.
- You understand how to level-up the delivery of high-performance solutions using current DevOps automation tools and techniques.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Linux server administration.
- You have 5+ years of experience setting up, managing, and debugging Git.
- You have 5+ years of experience with DevOps automation.
- You have 3+ years of experience setting up and maintaining Docker instances.
- You have a strong understanding of security best practices when setting up servers for business-critical websites and applications.
- You have experience configuring websites/applications on several cloud platforms such as Heroku, AWS, Google, Digital Ocean, etc.
- You have a strong understanding of DNS best practices and have experience configuring DNS for live websites and applications.
- You’re comfortable leading a team in a GIT-centric workflow.
- You possess a strong practical knowledge of current SASS and CSS standards and have a track record of building responsive web experiences.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Close attention to detail
- Dependable with a strong ability to build trust within a team
- Strong collaborator with internal project teams (design, development, project management, and operations)
Nice to haves:
- Experience testing/deploying WordPress sites with DevOps pipelines.
- Experience testing/deploying Drupal sites with DevOps pipelines.
- Experience with Pantheon for WordPress or Drupal, automating setup and deployment of MultiDev environments on that host.
- Experience using GitLab CI.
- Experience working with Buddy.works.
- Experience automating regression tests on cloud platforms such as GhostInspector or Percy.
- Experience configuring CDN with providers such as CloudFlare.
- Ruby on Rails application development and support experience.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive salary
- Learning opportunities with the latest DevOps and test automation tools
- Opportunities to work with global tech brands and products
- A flexible working environment that promotes remote work
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
Redstamp welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish, and we welcome you!
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed across Canada and around the world. This role offers a flexible work environment - you can work from our Port Moody Office (we’re close to the Inlet Skytrain), work fully remote, or a combination of both.
If all of this resonates with you, please apply. We can’t wait to meet you!
Note: No recruiters or agencies, please.