Senior Front-End Developer
We are looking for a Full-Time Senior Front-End Developer to join our talented development team. Redstamp is a hybrid agency that specializes in high-conversion design and marketing projects for fast-growing technology companies while also building our own in-house digital products. We’re a mix of entrepreneurs, tech geeks, innovators, and creatives—most of us are a little bit of each—and we’re passionate about making this company the absolute best there is.
As a Senior Developer at Redstamp you will be working with a team of developers within a cross-functional team that includes designers, QA specialists, project managers and account managers. Your department will be developing a variety of web/application frameworks, CMS’s, e-commerce and marketing platforms. You will be a senior technical resource on the largest and most complex projects, working with PMs to create project plans for the largest and most complex projects.
A typical day in the life of a Senior Front-End Developer:
- Leading front-end web development projects
- Building premium, cutting-edge, lightning-quick WordPress websites, with a focus on building custom Gutenburg themes
- Working with the team to build-out DevOps automation for test and deployment pipelines and with Project Managers and Design Leads to define project scope and estimate timelines
- Mentoring and leading developers on your team and also leading on peer code-reviews, merge requests, and extensive QA processes for every deliverable
- Managing and maintaining websites, continually updating them to keep the design, content, and performance relevant in industries that see revolutionary changes on a near-daily basis
Who are we looking for?
- You’re constantly looking to broaden your knowledge in all areas of web development, and you are excited to share what you learn with others
- You know how to provide workload estimates, create RFP responses, SOWs and project plans
- You understand how to efficiently deliver high-performance solutions that deliver premium user experiences, optimized for SEO
- You have 4+ years of experience developing custom themes for WordPress
- You have 5+ years of experience as a leading website development projects
You know all about the full front-end landscape including, HTML5, SASS, AJAX, task-runners, bundlers, NPM etc - you might not know everything but you’d know where to start if you need to use it
- You’re comfortable leading a team in a GIT-centric workflow
- You possess a strong practical knowledge of current SASS and CSS standards and are experienced at building responsive web experiences
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to build trust in a team and be dependable
- Strong collaborator with our internal teams (design, development, project management and operations)
Bonus Points Awarded For:
- Experience with CSS grid and CSS animation techniques
- Ability to develop multi-language/multi-region websites
- Experience with other CMS platforms such as Drupal, Contentful, etc.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing and deployment
- Previous experience setting up Development Environments in Docker
- JS framework experience such as React, Vue, Angular and/or Ember
- Experience integrating websites with various third-party APIs
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
Redstamp welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
What’s In It For You:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits plan
- Weekly social activities that include remote team members
- We’ll celebrate your birthday in a festive way
- Casual work environment - you won't see suits and ties here (unless we are feeling fancy). We like to think our workplace vibe is friendly, chill, open, collaborative, and understanding
- The opportunity to grow and help build our agency with our founders
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed across Canada and around the world. This role offers a flexible work environment; you can work from our Port Moody Office (we’re close to the Inlet Skytrain), work fully remote, or a combination of both. This opportunity is only open to candidates within Canada at this time.
If all of this resonates with you, please apply by October 31, 2020. We can’t wait to meet you!