Senior Front-End Developer
Join our team as a Full-Time Senior Front-End Developer and help leading innovators tell their stories. We are a hybrid agency specializing in brand strategy, high-conversion design, marketing, and development for fast-growing technology companies. We’re a mix of entrepreneurs, tech geeks, innovators, and creatives—most of us are a little bit of each—and we’re passionate about making an impact through our craft.
As a Senior Front-End Developer at Redstamp, you will be working with a cross-functional team that includes designers, QA specialists, developers, and project managers. Your department will develop various web/application frameworks, CMSs, e-commerce, and marketing platforms. You will be a senior technical resource, working with a team of project managers on our largest and most complex projects.
A typical day in the life of a Senior Front-End Developer at Redstamp:
- Lead front-end web development projects.
- Build premium, cutting-edge, lightning-quick websites with a focus on building custom WordPress Gutenberg themes.
- Build DevOps automation for test and deployment pipelines.
- Work with Project Managers and Design Leads to define project scope and estimate timelines.
- Mentor and lead developers on your team and lead on peer code-reviews, merge requests and extensive QA processes for every deliverable.
- Manage and maintain websites to keep the design, content, and performance relevant in industries that see revolutionary change on a near-daily basis.
Who are we looking for?
- You are continually looking to broaden your knowledge in all areas of web development and are excited to share what you learn with others.
- You know how to provide workload estimates, create RFP responses, SOWs, and project plans.
- You understand how to efficiently deliver high-performance solutions that ensure premium user experiences optimized for SEO.
- You have 4+ years of experience developing custom themes for WordPress.
- You have 5+ years of experience in leading website development projects.
- You know all about the full front-end landscape including, HTML5, SASS, AJAX, task-runners, bundlers, NPM, etc. You might not know everything, but you’d know where to start if you need to use it.
- You’re comfortable leading a team in a GIT-centric workflow.
- You possess a strong practical knowledge of current SASS and CSS standards and have a track record of building responsive web experiences.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Dependable with a strong ability to build trust within a team
- Strong collaborator with internal project teams (design, development, project management, and operations)
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing Drupal 8/9 websites
- Experience with CSS grid and CSS animation techniques
- Ability to develop multi-language/multi-region websites
- Experience with headless CMS such as Contentful
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, and deployment
- Previous experience setting up Development Environments in Docker
- JS framework experience such as React, Vue, Angular, and/or Ember
- Experience integrating websites with various third-party APIs
What’s In It For You:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits plan
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities to work with global tech brands and products
- Financial support for advanced training, personal development, and career development
- A flexible working environment that promotes remote work
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
Redstamp welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish, and we welcome you!
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed across Canada and around the world. This role offers a flexible work environment - you can work from our Port Moody Office (we’re close to the Inlet Skytrain), work fully remote, or a combination of both. This opportunity is only open to candidates within Canada at this time.
If all of this resonates with you, please apply. We can’t wait to meet you!
Note: Candidates need to be eligible to work in Canada, but remote is fine. No recruiters or agencies, please.